1. Has the fastest growing population globally.
2. Will account for half the world’s population growth in the next two decades.
3. Has the fastest growing youthful and increasingly educated workforce in the world.
4. Has younger people who are more likely to be educated than their elders.
5. Has a majority of citizens who are willing to pay higher taxes to fund youth programmes.
6. Has a youth population of which three quarters want to start their own business within the next five years.
7. Has the fastest growing labour force relative to other regions.
8. Has the fastest growth rate of women-led enterprises in the world.
9. Leads the Mastercard Index of Women Entrepreneurs.
10. Has the highest percentage of entrepreneurs among working-age adults of any continent in the world.
11. Has one of the fastest growing higher education sectors in the world.
12. Has the fastest growing middle class in the world.
13. Has the most rapid rate of urbanisation globally.
14. Has six of the world’s 10 fastest growing economies.
15. Is the world’s fastest growing continent, in terms of GDP.
16. Has the world’s fastest growing telephone and internet networks.
17. Is the world’s fastest growing mobile market.
18. Makes the widest use of mobile banking services.
19. Has the world’s fastest growing tech startup ecosystem.
20. Is the fastest growing developer community globally
21. Has the fastest crypto adoption rate globally, recording 1,200% growth between July 2020 and June 2021
22. Is one of the fastest growing markets in terms of venture capital activities and financial technology.
23. Has the world’s largest free trade area by number of countries.
24. Has the African Continental Free Trade Area agreement (AfCFTA), which the United Nations Economic Commission for Africa (UNECA) estimated would boost intra-African trade by 52% by 2022.
25. Has the fastest growing vehicle rate, with increasing demand for passenger mobility.
Has the largest natural reserves globally.
27. Has the fastest growing agricultural sector of any continent in the world.
28. Jointly with the Middle East, has the fastest growing gaming market globally.
29. Has Nollywood, the world’s second largest film industry
30. Was the second fastest growing tourism market globally in 2019.
31. Has 400 companies with annual revenues of $1 billion or more.
32. Has six countries (Namibia, Cape Verde, Ghana, South Africa, Burkina Faso and Botswana) that have a higher Press Freedom Index rating than Italy, South Korea and the USA.
33. Includes eight of the top 10 countries whose populations were most likely to search for the topic of female entrepreneurs in 2021.
34. Has eight of the top 10 countries whose populations were most likely to search for the topic of business in 2021.
35. Has six of the top 10 countries whose populations were most likely to search for the topic of entrepreneurship in 2021.