- The Culture Resource Production Awards programme for artists and writers in the Middle East and North Africa (MENA) region offers grants worth up to €8500 for music, literature, performing and visual arts projects. Cinema and video projects. Grants are worth up to €13 000 for cinema and video projects. Deadline: Nov 8. More info.
- The BASA Artist Relief Grants support South African artists, freelance creatives, or independent contractors whose income was lost to COVID-19. Artists must be over 18 and have proven work experience of one year in any arts, culture, and creative genre. Deadline: Ongoing. More info.
- We partnered with AUDA-NEPAD in a visual art competition to boost the profiles of emerging visual artists by showcasing their work at the virtual African Youth Festival on Oct 21. Deadline: Oct 11 See this post for submission guidelines and terms and conditions.
- The Image Music Text Gallery in London has a new Digital Residencies programme for multimedia artists. Deadline: Oct 1. More info.
- The African Arts Trust supports grassroots visual art organisations in East and Southern Africa. Grants are worth up to $20,000, depending on the size of a project or organisation. Deadline: none. More info.
- The British Council’s Sub-Saharan Africa Arts Cultural Exchange offers research grants worth up to £5,000 for artists and organisations in Ethiopia, Ghana, Kenya, Nigeria, Senegal, South Africa, Sudan, Uganda, Zambia, Zimbabwe. Outcomes will be shared in a diary, blog, photoblog, an event, or a film. Deadline: ongoing. More info.
- Photographers can up their game with The Essentials, a series of online classes for photographers presented by The Everyday Projects + Black Women Photographers. The weekly workshops are free. More info.
- The Canada-South Africa Co-Development Incentive offers production grants for joint TV projects by Canadian and South African creators. Deadline: Oct 20. More info.
Make your application shine by using these tips from ANF Academy workshops on grant writing for creatives and the ins and outs of writing a winning project budget.